The Consolidated Audit Trail (CAT) is expected to roll out this week after a long journey of missed deadlines and privacy concerns.
On November 15, self-regulatory organizations (SROs), such as exchanges, are expected to begin reporting to the system, which has been built by Thesys CAT. But the real test will not come until a year after when large broker-dealers start reporting to the system followed by smaller broker-dealers in November 2022.
SROs were meant to begin reporting to the CAT last
Julie Lerner joins to talk about the hemp market and PanXchange's launch of a hemp exchange.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Plato’s Planned Platform Could Serve as Precursor to European Consolidated Tape
- Consolidated Tape Will Not Make Data Cheaper
- The Secret Source: Machine Learning and Open Source Come Together
- Bloomberg Expands Regulatory Reporting Suite with RegTek Buy
- Blockchain Could Unlock Value of Real Estate as an Asset Class