The Consolidated Audit Trail (CAT) is expected to roll out this week after a long journey of missed deadlines and privacy concerns.
On November 15, self-regulatory organizations (SROs), such as exchanges, are expected to begin reporting to the system, which has been built by Thesys CAT. But the real test will not come until a year after when large broker-dealers start reporting to the system followed by smaller broker-dealers in November 2022.
SROs were meant to begin reporting to the CAT last
Bryan Cross, who heads UBS Asset Management's QED group, joins to discuss alternative data and AI.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- The Problem Solver: Paul Bari, Nordea
- JP Morgan's FX Algo Tool Launches on Bloomberg Terminal
- Refinitiv Consolidates Data Insights on China's Belt and Road Initiative
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 153: Nasdaq's Lars Ottersgård
- CAT’s Tale: How Thesys, the SROs and the SEC Mishandled the Consolidated Audit Trail