Speaking during a discussion of over-the-counter (OTC) derivatives reform, several participants said that the postponement of final rules, and an unclear future regulatory structure, meant that platform providers are being forced to account for all possible outcomes.
"It's incredibly difficult to decipher where the financial markets are going to end up," said Peter Best, business manager at interdealer broker ICAP. "There's so much mooted regulation, but there's not a lot of concrete regulation
Anthony and James look at developments pertaining to the Consolidated Audit Trail and wonder if big-tech companies could challenge traditional asset managers.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- WatersTechnology Innovation Summit Q&A: Elly Hardwick, Deutsche Bank
- In Capital Markets, Blockchain's Evolution Has Left the Bitcoin Model Behind
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 96: CAT Concerns & Big Tech Takes Aim at Asset Managers
- WatersTechnology Innovation Summit Q&A: Stewart Carmichael, Schroders
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 95: Bitcoin/Blockchain News, BNP's Acquisition, Post-Trade Tech