As Adobe and Microsoft prepare to sunset support for Flash and Silverlight, the surviving options for web-based development of trading applications are HTML5 or building native applications, Myles said, with a hybrid approach being the best avenue to take.
"When you talk about web development, HTML5 is really the only technology that people are starting projects with now," compared to Adobe Flash and Microsoft Silverlight, Myles said. "Flash and Silverlight were pretty much killed off by their p
Anthony and James hit on a wide-range of topics, from Brexit in the UK, to the SGX-NSE fight in APAC, to the Supreme Court's decision on cellphone location data in the US.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Episode 126: Brexit Fallout; the SGX-NSE Battle Continues; Cellphone Location Data
- Burton-Taylor: Regulation-Driven Data Spend to Grow, But Desktops Threaten Resurgence
- Bloomberg Eyes Amsterdam for Trading and Reporting Platforms
- CME Group Adds Two Alt Data Providers to DataMine
- Banks, Bourses and Regulators Form Spanish-Market DLT Venture