As Adobe and Microsoft prepare to sunset support for Flash and Silverlight, the surviving options for web-based development of trading applications are HTML5 or building native applications, Myles said, with a hybrid approach being the best avenue to take.
"When you talk about web development, HTML5 is really the only technology that people are starting projects with now," compared to Adobe Flash and Microsoft Silverlight, Myles said. "Flash and Silverlight were pretty much killed off by their p
Also: Trading Technologies is developing an OMS for the sell side and Orbital Insight is embracing a platform-as-a-service model.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 141: Brexit and Blockchain and Data, Oh My
- Nasdaq, User Groups Fire Opening Salvoes in Looming Battle Over SIP Data Fees
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 142: AWS Talks Cloud Adoption in the Capital Markets
- JPX Mulls Pooling Content into Data Lakes
- Alt Data’s Ethical Day of Reckoning