Jeff Wecker, president and CEO of Lime Brokerage, attributes the growth to high-frequency traders leaving their existing positions with sell-side proprietary trading desks and multi-strategy trading firms and seeking green opportunities.
"Clearly, there has been a migration taking place in high-frequency trading," he says. "We have seen a growing number of sole proprietorships and we have seen people leaving existing high-frequency trading firms and going out on their own as well."
These new fir
Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 97: C-Level Execs Talk Bitcoin, Fintechs, Cognitive Computing & Open-Source Tech
In separate interviews, executives from AQR, JPMorgan, Cboe and IBM discuss topics permeating the capital markets.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Bloomberg’s Chat Gambit: The Feint Before a Knockout?
- Gardening, Uber & Culture: Takeaways from this year's WatersTechnology Innovation Summit
- EU Gets Tough on ‘Research’ Unbundling
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 96: CAT Concerns & Big Tech Takes Aim at Asset Managers
- BST Awards 2017 Winners' Interview: SimCorp