Buy-side demand for environmental, social and governance (ESG) screening is on the rise in Korea and Japan, and the countries’ ageing populations might be the reason why.
“As their populations retire, the domestic economies slow down and retirees look for higher returns in faster-growing economies. Typically, that may mean investing in the rest of Asia. At the same time, culturally, those retirees demand to invest in Asian companies with ESG standards that they are accustomed to,” says Bernard
A discussion about blockchain projects in the capital markets, the crypto space and further delays for the CAT.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- A Blueprint for Alternative Data in Asset Management
- Witad Awards 2019 Write-Ups: Rising Star (End-User)—Irene Kan, TD Securities
- Women in Financial Services: The Shameful Truth
- Witad Awards 2019 Write-Ups: Legal/Compliance Professional of the Year—Miranda Morad, MarketAxess
- Witad Awards 2019 Write-Ups: Technology Innovator of the Year (Vendor)—Regina Williamson, London Stock Exchange Group