Speed and throughput are areas where markets in Asia need to gain ground to catch up with their western counterparts.
“Where we focus is really on the information that moves the market and that tends to be very important, not just for the short-term HFT [high-frequency trading] type investor, but also the long-term ones,” said John Knuff, general manager for global financial services at datacenter provider Equinix. “So you don’t have the fragmentation in the Asian markets that you see in
Bloomberg’s Gerard Francis looks at the challenges that capital markets firms face when trying to incorporate alternative datasets.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Sell-Side Technology Awards 2019: All the Winners and Why They Won
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 161: Gerard Francis of Bloomberg
- Sell-Side Technology Awards 2019: Best Data Provider to the Sell Side—FactSet
- Data Standardization Remains Top ESG Roadblock
- Banks and Bourses Increasingly Combine Cloud, AI for Data Projects