The past year was supposed to be when certain technologies would move from theory to production. It was also when people believed regtech would come into its own as a technology discipline, rather than a catchy brand exercise.
Although this has largely shifted to 2018 for some areas—blockchain being the most significant—2017 was still a strong year for financial technology. Pilot projects went to pre-production and use-cases were validated. And regtech was still a big topic of conversation.
Anthony and James look news pertaining to cryptocurriences and blockchain deployments, as well as AI and cloud.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2018: All the Winners
- In Praise of Perseverance: Laura Barrowman, Credit Suisse
- Alt-Data Difficulties Challenge Largest Asset Managers
- Brexit's Unintended Consequences Could Include Mifid III
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 145: CSDs Consider Crypto; Bank Robberies & AI; DTCC's Blockchain