The three firms launched an advanced pilot to use blockchain technology in order to distribute index data and bringing the information directly into Vanguard’s systems, without the need to constantly monitor the CRSP website. The final product is expected to be released sometime in 2018.
Symbiont president and chairman Caitlin Long says the move was envisioned as a means to upgrade the current distribution model of index data providers like CRSP without compromising its subscription model.
Also: Trading Technologies is developing an OMS for the sell side and Orbital Insight is embracing a platform-as-a-service model.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 142: AWS Talks Cloud Adoption in the Capital Markets
- Alt Data’s Ethical Day of Reckoning
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 141: Brexit and Blockchain and Data, Oh My
- Data-Driven Regulators: Handling the Uptick in Regulatory Reporting
- Nasdaq, User Groups Fire Opening Salvoes in Looming Battle Over SIP Data Fees