The winners of this year's Sell-Side Technology Awards were announced on the evening of April 5 at a sit-down meal at the Marriott Marquis, Times Square in Manhattan. The guest of honor was former US Olympic gymnast, Kerri Strug.
WatersTechnology readers might remember Strug’s now famous performance on the vault at the 1996 Atlanta Olympics where she competed for the US team despite having previously injured her ankle, and was carried away from the landing mats by her coach, Béla Károlyi.
This year’s awards featured a total of 30 categories ─ 28 individual categories and two categories announced at the culmination of the ceremony: best overall sell-side product for 2017 and best sell-side technology provider for 2017, won by Nasdaq and IHS Markit, respectively. This year’s line-up featured four new categories ─ best distributed-ledger technology project; best artificial intelligence (AI) technology; best use of the Agile methodology; and best alliance or partnership.
Below is the list of this year’s winners. Click on each of the company names below to read the write-up of their category win.
- Best Distributed-Ledger Technology Project – Synechron (video interview)
- Best Artificial Intelligence Technology – Digital Reasoning
- Best use of the Agile Methodology – Synechron
- Best Alliance or Partnership – Nasdaq & Digital Reasoning
- Best Sell-Side Front-Office Execution Platform – Fidessa
- Best Sell-Side Automated Trading Platform – FlexTrade
- Best Sell-Side Market Risk Product – FIS
- Best Sell-Side Credit Risk Product – Numerix
- Best Infrastructure Provider to the Sell Side – AlphaPoint
- Best Cloud Provider to the Sell Side – BT
- Best Sell-Side Analytics Product – AlphaSense
- Best Sell-Side Data Management Product – IHS Markit
- Best Data Provider to the Sell Side – Thomson Reuters
- Best Sell-Side Trading Communication System – Cloud9 Technologies
- Best Sell-Side Mobile Initiative – Dealogic
- Best Sell-Side Trading Network – IPC Systems
- Best Smart Order Routing Product/Tool – Broadway Technology
- Best Outsourcing Provider to the Sell Side – Broadridge Financial Solutions (video interview)
- Best Sell-Side Reconciliation Platform – SmartStream (video interview)
- Best Sell-Side Compliance Product – AcadiaSoft
- Best Sell-Side Market Surveillance Product – Nasdaq
- Best Sell-Side Web-Based Development Environment – OpenFin
- Best Implementation at a Sell-Side Firm – AxiomSL
- Best Sell-Side Newcomer (Vendor or Product) – IHS Markit
- Best Sell-Side OTC Trading Initiative – FIS
- Most Promising Sell-Side Start-Up – OpenDoor
- Best Reporting Platform or Service for the Sell Side – NEX Abide Financial
- Best Swap Execution Facility (SEF) – Tradeweb
- Best Overall Sell-Side Product of the Year – Nasdaq
- Best Sell-Side Technology Provider of the Year – IHS Markit
The founder and CEO of Imperative Execution looks at how trade execution is changing and what that means for the buy side.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Waters Rankings 2019: All the Winners
- Mizuho Finds New Ways to “Activate” its Data Using AI
- Barclays Nearly Finished with First Major Quantum Computing Experiment
- The AI Ethics Dilemma: Banks Find a Fine Line Between New Tech and 'What's Right'
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 166: Brian Lichtenberger on Alternative Data