SunGard Trading and Risk Systems’ Gavin Lavelle comments on the future of the buy side from the perspective of one of the industry’s leading vendors. Interview by Victor Anderson.
What issues are currently affecting IT directors from buy-side firms?
STP is a clear driver for the buy side. Also electronic connectivity to the broker and counterparties is topical. This is part of the drive toward trading efficiency and the reduction of the number of out trades or errors in transactions. We have
Anthony and James look news pertaining to cryptocurriences and blockchain deployments, as well as AI and cloud.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- In Praise of Perseverance: Laura Barrowman, Credit Suisse
- Brexit's Unintended Consequences Could Include Mifid III
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 145: CSDs Consider Crypto; Bank Robberies & AI; DTCC's Blockchain
- Alt-Data Difficulties Challenge Largest Asset Managers
- Custody Seen as Crypto's Next Major Battleground