Henry Jiang, the Oppenheimer's chief information security officer, could see the writing on the wall. Seventy percent of Oppenheimer's network traffic is now internet-based, he told a gathering at this week's OpRisk North America conference, and dealing with the bandwidth and infrastructure required to handle that load internally across 28 offices is, in a word, expensive.
Moving to the cloud was the answer, but it created a different problem.
"It was interesting to us how little of our network
IBM’s Kathryn Guarini and Bob Sutor look at how banks are currently experimenting with quantum computers.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 132: Thasos Group’s CEO Talks Alternative Data
- SST Awards 2018 Winner's Interview – Broadridge Financial Solutions
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 133: IBM on Quantum Computing
- BBOD, GMEX Launch Hybrid Cryptocurrency Derivatives Platform
- SI Rules Switch from Optional to Mandatory Sept. 1