Blockchain consortium R3 is partnering with eight banks in a bid to make trade finance more efficient, with a focus on transacting letters of credit (LC).
Bangkok Bank, BNP Paribas, CTBC Holding, HSBC, ING, NatWest, SEB and Standard Chartered, along with Bain and CryptoBLK, comprise the initiative, dubbed Voltron. The plan is for a documentary trade open platform to begin production on R3’s Corda Enterprise blockchain in 2019.
Corporate customers will be able to connect with their banks and
Anthony and James look news pertaining to cryptocurriences and blockchain deployments, as well as AI and cloud.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2018: All the Winners
- In Praise of Perseverance: Laura Barrowman, Credit Suisse
- Brexit's Unintended Consequences Could Include Mifid III
- Alt-Data Difficulties Challenge Largest Asset Managers
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 145: CSDs Consider Crypto; Bank Robberies & AI; DTCC's Blockchain