Blockchain consortium R3 is partnering with eight banks in a bid to make trade finance more efficient, with a focus on transacting letters of credit (LC).
Bangkok Bank, BNP Paribas, CTBC Holding, HSBC, ING, NatWest, SEB and Standard Chartered, along with Bain and CryptoBLK, comprise the initiative, dubbed Voltron. The plan is for a documentary trade open platform to begin production on R3’s Corda Enterprise blockchain in 2019.
Corporate customers will be able to connect with their banks and
A look at what's to come at FIA Boca; Finra was named the CAT plan processor; a Waters magazine relaunch.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- A Blueprint for Alternative Data in Asset Management
- Women in Technology & Data Awards 2019: All the Winners and Why they Won
- Witad Awards 2019 Write-Ups: Rising Star (End-User)—Irene Kan, TD Securities
- Witad Awards 2019 Write-Ups: Legal/Compliance Professional of the Year—Miranda Morad, MarketAxess
- Witad Awards 2019 Write-Ups: Vendor Partnership or Alliance Professional of the Year—Marisol Collazo, DTCC