Financial firms should not be misled into thinking that a data science group or initiative will necessarily solve their challenges—data-related or otherwise, said a panel of technologists at a private event organized by French database technology vendor QuasarDB, adding that the success or failure of data science projects hinges on them being tied to specific business cases, rather than them being created to perform unspecified, generic tasks.
“What I’ve seen be successful is a small group
Bryan Cross, who heads UBS Asset Management's QED group, joins to discuss alternative data and AI.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- JP Morgan's FX Algo Tool Launches on Bloomberg Terminal
- The Problem Solver: Paul Bari, Nordea
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 154: Bryan Cross, UBS Asset Management
- CAT’s Tale: How Thesys, the SROs and the SEC Mishandled the Consolidated Audit Trail
- Refinitiv Consolidates Data Insights on China's Belt and Road Initiative