Bermuda-based fund administrator Apex Fund Services has slashed data spend by between 30 and 40 percent by deploying a central data management platform and implementing processes to monitor data usage and eliminate duplication of data sourcing.
The move was driven by an acquisition spree that has seen Apex snap up eight companies over recent years—each of which had different data providers, contract terms and sourcing strategies—and is designed to eliminate duplicative costs, as well as leave
Bloomberg’s Gerard Francis looks at the challenges that capital markets firms face when trying to incorporate alternative datasets.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Sell-Side Technology Awards 2019: All the Winners and Why They Won
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 161: Gerard Francis of Bloomberg
- Sell-Side Technology Awards 2019: Best Data Provider to the Sell Side—FactSet
- Data Standardization Remains Top ESG Roadblock
- Banks and Bourses Increasingly Combine Cloud, AI for Data Projects