At the end of 2016 into 2017, Scotiabank initiated a project that would allow it to use cloud GPUs to run its valuation adjustments (XVA) program. With the project gaining traction, the results have been impressive.
According to the bank, the runtime for risk calculations and derivatives pricing using cloud GPUs is 30 times faster, allowing brokers to deliver more accurate derivatives pricing in 20 seconds, which would previously have taken 10 minutes. It also allows for more nuanced risk
Julie Lerner joins to talk about the hemp market and PanXchange's launch of a hemp exchange.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Plato’s Planned Platform Could Serve as Precursor to European Consolidated Tape
- Consolidated Tape Will Not Make Data Cheaper
- The Secret Source: Machine Learning and Open Source Come Together
- Bloomberg Expands Regulatory Reporting Suite with RegTek Buy
- Blockchain Could Unlock Value of Real Estate as an Asset Class