Indeed, Chris Bannocks, chief data management officer at ING Bank, said this board-level responsibility is probably lacking at many firms, and may only be stimulated by regulations such as BCBS 239. "I would expect the board of any company to be concerned about data quality.... When it comes to data quality, the board is making decisions every day based on what they receive. If they're not looking at data quality, I'd be concerned about the decisions they are making," Bannocks said.
Victor Anderson, who is in town from London, joins Anthony and James to dig into the key themes from Waters USA.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- American Financial Technology Awards 2017—All the Winners
- The Great Fintech Con(version)
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2017: Best Overall Buy-Side Technology Provider, 2017—FactSet
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2017: Best Outsourcing Provider—SS&C Advent
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2017: Best Buy-Side OMS—IHS Markit