Indeed, Chris Bannocks, chief data management officer at ING Bank, said this board-level responsibility is probably lacking at many firms, and may only be stimulated by regulations such as BCBS 239. "I would expect the board of any company to be concerned about data quality.... When it comes to data quality, the board is making decisions every day based on what they receive. If they're not looking at data quality, I'd be concerned about the decisions they are making," Bannocks said.
WatersTechnology attended the Futures Industry Association's annual conference in Boca Raton, Florida. These are the takeaways.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- The Insurgents: Fintechs Are Knocking Off Incumbents
- CFTC Commissioners Lash Out at EC Clearing Proposals
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 113: IBM's Lund on Blockchain's Evolution
- Wrestling Over Competing Mifid II, GDPR Data Demands
- MarketAxess Banks on Asian Electronic Markets with BlackRock Partnership