In the report—which took a little over a year to compile—Esma says it is difficult for clients of credit rating agencies to understand the reasons behind fee levels. The regulator says it has concerns that there is no apparent link between the fees charged by rating agencies and the costs involved in actually calculating and providing the ratings.
The report also questions practices by trade repositories, saying that they must show how their fees are driven by costs. Esma currently authorizes e
Bill Murphy, CTO of Blackstone, once again joins the podcast to discuss the private equity firm's new offices, designed to house its innovations team.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Chicago Code: A Profile of DRW's Seth Thomson
- AFTAs 2017: Best IT Team—Charles Schwab Investment Management
- Buy Side Bands Together on Blockchain Vision in Landmark Paper
- The Kids Aren’t Alright: A Look at How K-12 Schools Are Failing to Teach Programming
- AFTAs 2017: Best Analytics Initiative—Credit Suisse