While the CFTC staff advisory, issued on May 21, described virtual currencies as “unlike any commodity that the CFTC has dealt with in the past,” it largely shied away from committing the regulator to direct intervention.
Instead, in a series of bullet points, it provided guidance stating that exchanges listing contracts on these commodities should engage in a range of measures, stretching from enhanced surveillance of the spot exchanges where price formation occurs through to what it regards
Julie Lerner joins to talk about the hemp market and PanXchange's launch of a hemp exchange.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Plato’s Planned Platform Could Serve as Precursor to European Consolidated Tape
- Consolidated Tape Will Not Make Data Cheaper
- Blockchain Could Unlock Value of Real Estate as an Asset Class
- Bloomberg Expands Regulatory Reporting Suite with RegTek Buy
- Real Estate as a Tradeable Asset Class Faces Data Hurdles