While the CFTC staff advisory, issued on May 21, described virtual currencies as “unlike any commodity that the CFTC has dealt with in the past,” it largely shied away from committing the regulator to direct intervention.
Instead, in a series of bullet points, it provided guidance stating that exchanges listing contracts on these commodities should engage in a range of measures, stretching from enhanced surveillance of the spot exchanges where price formation occurs through to what it regards
Bryan Cross, who heads UBS Asset Management's QED group, joins to discuss alternative data and AI.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- JP Morgan's FX Algo Tool Launches on Bloomberg Terminal
- The Problem Solver: Paul Bari, Nordea
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 154: Bryan Cross, UBS Asset Management
- CAT’s Tale: How Thesys, the SROs and the SEC Mishandled the Consolidated Audit Trail
- Going Slower to Go Faster: Mizuho Bank CDO Gary Goldberg