David Sapper, COO at BlockBid tells WatersTechnology that together with his team, they found that often cryptocurrency exchanges lacked transparency and accountability, and were working in a “gray” area.
He argues that what consumers require from the financial institutions of today has not been applied in the crypto markets. “We understood that there is a large gap for an exchange that wants to step forward and say that this is the bar that needs to be set for every single exchange,” he says.
Bryan Cross, who heads UBS Asset Management's QED group, joins to discuss alternative data and AI.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- The Problem Solver: Paul Bari, Nordea
- JP Morgan's FX Algo Tool Launches on Bloomberg Terminal
- Refinitiv Consolidates Data Insights on China's Belt and Road Initiative
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 153: Nasdaq's Lars Ottersgård
- CAT’s Tale: How Thesys, the SROs and the SEC Mishandled the Consolidated Audit Trail