As exchanges face an uncertain future, they can dramatically boost efficiency and possibly revenue by revamping the way they charge for market data, Tee Williams, principal of market data research and consulting company Tee Williams Associates, told AFIC attendees.
By adopting what he calls a "quantum" model, exchanges will be able to tailor data to vendors' specific market data needs, and charge according to each data element, each message and each transaction consumed.
With the growth of alg
Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 97: C-Level Execs Talk Bitcoin, Fintechs, Cognitive Computing & Open-Source Tech
In separate interviews, executives from AQR, JPMorgan, Cboe and IBM discuss topics permeating the capital markets.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Bloomberg’s Chat Gambit: The Feint Before a Knockout?
- Gardening, Uber & Culture: Takeaways from this year's WatersTechnology Innovation Summit
- EU Gets Tough on ‘Research’ Unbundling
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 96: CAT Concerns & Big Tech Takes Aim at Asset Managers
- BST Awards 2017 Winners' Interview: SimCorp