Gabriella Stern, senior editor of EMEA at Dow Jones Newswires, contrasted the value of data services versus real-time news in her keynote address: "In Defense of Real-Time News." The following are excerpts.
"Sure, news is just one of the many information inputs into decision-making in the business of financial markets. But it's not binary—unlike the bits and bytes that power those program trades…
"So, while news may compete for the same dollars in a data manager's budget, the value propositio
Anthony and James look at developments pertaining to the Consolidated Audit Trail and wonder if big-tech companies could challenge traditional asset managers.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Bloomberg’s Chat Gambit: The Feint Before a Knockout?
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 96: CAT Concerns & Big Tech Takes Aim at Asset Managers
- Gardening, Uber & Culture: Takeaways from this year's WatersTechnology Innovation Summit
- Systematic Internalizer Ranks Swell Ahead of Mifid II
- Deutsche Bank's Innovation Guru Shares Secrets at Inaugural Innovation Summit