Pan-European regulator the European Securities and Markets Authority (ESMA) is currently developing a strategy for increased supervision of credit rating agencies (CRAs), in response to complaints from market participants of unreasonable price rises and a lack of transparency around the CRAs’ pricing models.
Prior to the financial crisis, rating agencies were encouraged to follow the International Organization of Securities Commissions (Iosco) guidelines, a global set of standards. After the cr
Anthony and James look at developments pertaining to the Consolidated Audit Trail and wonder if big-tech companies could challenge traditional asset managers.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Bloomberg’s Chat Gambit: The Feint Before a Knockout?
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 96: CAT Concerns & Big Tech Takes Aim at Asset Managers
- Gardening, Uber & Culture: Takeaways from this year's WatersTechnology Innovation Summit
- Systematic Internalizer Ranks Swell Ahead of Mifid II
- EU Gets Tough on ‘Research’ Unbundling