As we begin 2008, the indexing industry finds itself in the midst of an enormous growth period. With the proliferation of the exchange-traded fund industry and growing sophistication among investors, indexes are increasingly becoming an attractive way for investors to gain access to less-explored markets and asset classes.
For example, FTSE's growth, particularly in the US market, is being driven by demand from investors seeking alpha through portfolio diversification. During the past year, F
Anthony and James look at developments pertaining to the Consolidated Audit Trail and wonder if big-tech companies could challenge traditional asset managers.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Bloomberg’s Chat Gambit: The Feint Before a Knockout?
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 96: CAT Concerns & Big Tech Takes Aim at Asset Managers
- Gardening, Uber & Culture: Takeaways from this year's WatersTechnology Innovation Summit
- EU Gets Tough on ‘Research’ Unbundling
- Systematic Internalizer Ranks Swell Ahead of Mifid II