Swedish exchange operator and technology provider OMX Group could quickly expand its presence as a data and technology provider in Eastern Europe if it completes a proposed €4.2 million acquisition of Slovenia's Ljubljana Stock Exchange.
The offer, which is valid until Jan. 22, 2007, would see OMX strengthen its data and technology franchise in the region because LJSE offers its trading system, dubbed BTS, to five other Eastern European exchanges.
The exchanges using LJSE's BTS system include
Anthony and James look at developments pertaining to the Consolidated Audit Trail and wonder if big-tech companies could challenge traditional asset managers.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Bloomberg’s Chat Gambit: The Feint Before a Knockout?
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 96: CAT Concerns & Big Tech Takes Aim at Asset Managers
- Gardening, Uber & Culture: Takeaways from this year's WatersTechnology Innovation Summit
- Systematic Internalizer Ranks Swell Ahead of Mifid II
- EU Gets Tough on ‘Research’ Unbundling