The problem began at market open on Monday, Aug. 24, at 9am Central European Time, and lasted until 9:18am when the exchange was able to start up the streams of index data.
An exchange spokesperson says the outage was not a result of excessive data traffic, since trading volumes were not unusually high, and that the technical difficulties were caused by "an interface issue" between the index calculation engine, which continued to work normally, and the exchange's data distribution infrastructure.
Victor Anderson, who is in town from London, joins Anthony and James to dig into the key themes from Waters USA.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- The Great Fintech Con(version)
- American Financial Technology Awards 2017—All the Winners
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2017: Best Overall Buy-Side Technology Provider, 2017—FactSet
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2017: Best Buy-Side OMS—IHS Markit
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2017: Best Outsourcing Provider—SS&C Advent