Reuters posted a pre-tax loss of £88 million for the first six months of this year ended June 30, its first since it became a publicly listed company in 1984. This compares to a pre-tax profit of £357 million for the same period a year ago.
The loss stemmed from a £156 million restructuring charge and a trouncing in the revenues of electronic trading agency Instinet, which posted a 38 percent decline in revenues to £301 million and an operating loss of £5 million.
Reuters, whose financial mar
Victor Anderson, who is in town from London, joins Anthony and James to dig into the key themes from Waters USA.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- The Great Fintech Con(version)
- American Financial Technology Awards 2017—All the Winners
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2017: Best Overall Buy-Side Technology Provider, 2017—FactSet
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2017: Best Outsourcing Provider—SS&C Advent
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2017: Best Buy-Side OMS—IHS Markit