Everyone is buzzing this week about the Reuters-Telerate rumors (see page 1). Every time a rumor comes up, a reader asks whether we will cover it. So this seems like a good time to explain how we handle rumors in Inside Market Data.
Our first and foremost priority is accuracy. Thus, when we hear that Company A is doing X, we immediately call A and ask if it’s true. Sometimes we get a straight yes and an interview and we have a story. It’s usually not so easy; most often we hear, "No comment."
Anthony and James look at developments pertaining to the Consolidated Audit Trail and wonder if big-tech companies could challenge traditional asset managers.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Bloomberg’s Chat Gambit: The Feint Before a Knockout?
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 96: CAT Concerns & Big Tech Takes Aim at Asset Managers
- Gardening, Uber & Culture: Takeaways from this year's WatersTechnology Innovation Summit
- Systematic Internalizer Ranks Swell Ahead of Mifid II
- Deutsche Bank's Innovation Guru Shares Secrets at Inaugural Innovation Summit