Certainly exchanges have been forced to adapt as they feel the heat from new venues. But just as some people thrive under pressure, those new entrants seem to be keeping exchanges on their toes and making them strive to be more competitive.
Matched volume and market share are crucial measures of a venue's competitiveness. Last Monday, March 16, the Direct Edge ECN, which is planning exchange status, topped the BATS Exchange (formerly the BATS Trading ECN) as the third-largest US equity venue, beh
Bill Murphy, CTO of Blackstone, once again joins the podcast to discuss the private equity firm's new offices, designed to house its innovations team.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Chicago Code: A Profile of DRW's Seth Thomson
- AFTAs 2017: Best IT Team—Charles Schwab Investment Management
- Buy Side Bands Together on Blockchain Vision in Landmark Paper
- AFTAs 2017: Best Analytics Initiative—Credit Suisse
- The Kids Aren’t Alright: A Look at How K-12 Schools Are Failing to Teach Programming