The outage was ultimately the result of a disk failure on one of the servers processing two of Opra's 24 feed channels though it was exacerbated by operating system and software issues that prevented backup hardware from immediately coming online.
The outage has raised two questions from market participants: First, how could a hardware problem leave the options market in the dark, and second, what does this mean for the future of Opra?
The first point addresses the issue of redundancy-which en
Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 97: C-Level Execs Talk Bitcoin, Fintechs, Cognitive Computing & Open-Source Tech
In separate interviews, executives from AQR, JPMorgan, Cboe and IBM discuss topics permeating the capital markets.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Bloomberg’s Chat Gambit: The Feint Before a Knockout?
- Gardening, Uber & Culture: Takeaways from this year's WatersTechnology Innovation Summit
- EU Gets Tough on ‘Research’ Unbundling
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 96: CAT Concerns & Big Tech Takes Aim at Asset Managers
- BST Awards 2017 Winners' Interview: SimCorp