Rather than requiring that Thomson or Reuters divest any part of their business entirely, the US Department of Justice, the European Commission and the Canadian Competition Bureau decided that the vendors should sell "copies" of four key datasets of fundamental and economic data, research and estimates. This means they sell the data on a one-off basis to a third party, who uses that as a basis for developing their own service.
The DoJ decided that each of these areas could "cause competitive
Victor Anderson, who is in town from London, joins Anthony and James to dig into the key themes from Waters USA.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- American Financial Technology Awards 2017—All the Winners
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2017: Best Overall Buy-Side Technology Provider, 2017—FactSet
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2017: Best Buy-Side Performance Measurement and Attribution Product—FactSet
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2017: Best Outsourcing Provider—SS&C Advent
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2017: Best Buy-Side OMS—IHS Markit