"Any stock exchange is a source of data and information with a high economic value. And information is a core competence of stock exchanges, not a marginal area or a by-product as we sometimes hear. It is a differentiator," where exchanges can add real value for clients rather than "trading alone [which] can be a commoditized business," Marques told the conference.
He said that business drivers such as new regulations and increased competitive factors such as higher transparency are "leading
Anthony and James look at developments pertaining to the Consolidated Audit Trail and wonder if big-tech companies could challenge traditional asset managers.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Bloomberg’s Chat Gambit: The Feint Before a Knockout?
- In Capital Markets, Blockchain's Evolution Has Left the Bitcoin Model Behind
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 96: CAT Concerns & Big Tech Takes Aim at Asset Managers
- WatersTechnology Innovation Summit Q&A: Elly Hardwick, Deutsche Bank
- House Approves Market Data Protection Act