The financial industry must familiarize itself with ontologies, stated David Saul, vice president and chief scientist at State Street Corporation, who spoke at the recent North American Financial Information Summit.
"Data is traveling not only with its representation, but its meaning and relationship to other data," he said. "Think about what that opens up in its ability to do things with that data, which we couldn't do before."
The hurdle to implementing ontologies has typically been translatio
WatersTechnology attended the Futures Industry Association's annual conference in Boca Raton, Florida. These are the takeaways.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- The Insurgents: Fintechs Are Knocking Off Incumbents
- CFTC Commissioners Lash Out at EC Clearing Proposals
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 113: IBM's Lund on Blockchain's Evolution
- Wrestling Over Competing Mifid II, GDPR Data Demands
- MarketAxess Banks on Asian Electronic Markets with BlackRock Partnership