Financial institutions are tired of dealing with the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (Fatca) amid continued confusion over what needs to be done, one expert warns. Jon Watts, director and head of banking and securities, Fatca at Deloitte New York, told delegates at an Inside Reference Data conference in New York this week that even the largest financial institutions are fed up with Fatca.
"Some of the biggest major financial institutions have had major programmes structured around Fatca going
Anthony and James look at developments pertaining to the Consolidated Audit Trail and wonder if big-tech companies could challenge traditional asset managers.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Bloomberg’s Chat Gambit: The Feint Before a Knockout?
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 96: CAT Concerns & Big Tech Takes Aim at Asset Managers
- Gardening, Uber & Culture: Takeaways from this year's WatersTechnology Innovation Summit
- Systematic Internalizer Ranks Swell Ahead of Mifid II
- Deutsche Bank's Innovation Guru Shares Secrets at Inaugural Innovation Summit