There is no doubt that buy- and sell-side firms are being deluged by a raft of regulation, from Basel III requirements to the Dodd-Frank Act, Solvency II, the Markets in Financial Instruments Directive II, the Alternative Investment Fund Managers Directive, and so on. The data burden is heavy but the opportunities that can be mined to create meaningful insights and competitive advantages should not be overlooked.
Last June, KPMG, in its Frontiers in Finance publication, observed that few institu
Anthony and James look at developments pertaining to the Consolidated Audit Trail and wonder if big-tech companies could challenge traditional asset managers.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Bloomberg’s Chat Gambit: The Feint Before a Knockout?
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 96: CAT Concerns & Big Tech Takes Aim at Asset Managers
- WatersTechnology Innovation Summit Q&A: Elly Hardwick, Deutsche Bank
- In Capital Markets, Blockchain's Evolution Has Left the Bitcoin Model Behind
- Gardening, Uber & Culture: Takeaways from this year's WatersTechnology Innovation Summit