Asian markets had to take a wait-and-see approach as the definitions and specifics of US-promoted standards and regulations such as the legal entity identifier (LEI) and the Foreign Accounts Tax Compliance Act (Fatca) resolved themselves. Now, however, they will confront a rash of new requirements for doing business with Europe and the Americas.
“We’re a big global firm, and many of these are US regulations, drafted and managed by lawyers in the US, so we need to extract exactly what they mean,”
Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 97: C-Level Execs Talk Bitcoin, Fintechs, Cognitive Computing & Open-Source Tech
In separate interviews, executives from AQR, JPMorgan, Cboe and IBM discuss topics permeating the capital markets.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Bloomberg’s Chat Gambit: The Feint Before a Knockout?
- Gardening, Uber & Culture: Takeaways from this year's WatersTechnology Innovation Summit
- EU Gets Tough on ‘Research’ Unbundling
- BST Awards 2017 Winners' Interview: SimCorp
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 97: C-Level Execs Talk Bitcoin, Fintechs, Cognitive Computing & Open-Source Tech