No stone is being left unturned in Europe as politicians search for ways to replenish their dwindling coffers. From taxes on property ownership and water usage, to sports drinks and hairdressers' chairs, all options are being considered, including new taxes on the financial industry. European leaders trying to maximize tax revenue and take a tough stance with bankers are backing a controversial tax on financial transactions.
Objections from countries including the UK and Luxembourg have stymied
Bill Murphy, CTO of Blackstone, once again joins the podcast to discuss the private equity firm's new offices, designed to house its innovations team.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Chicago Code: A Profile of DRW's Seth Thomson
- AFTAs 2017: Best IT Team—Charles Schwab Investment Management
- Buy Side Bands Together on Blockchain Vision in Landmark Paper
- The Kids Aren’t Alright: A Look at How K-12 Schools Are Failing to Teach Programming
- AFTAs 2017: Best Analytics Initiative—Credit Suisse