Another important Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (Fatca) deadline has passed, but firms must ensure they stay focused.
What the US Internal Revenue Service (IRS) terms foreign financial institutions (FFIs) with US clients on their books had to be registered with the IRS by January 1. And this year brings more requirements, among them three key deadlines.
Fatca is a reporting and withholding regime introduced to prevent US citizens stashing their money in offshore accounts and avoiding taxes.
Victor Anderson, who is in town from London, joins Anthony and James to dig into the key themes from Waters USA.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- The Great Fintech Con(version)
- American Financial Technology Awards 2017—All the Winners
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2017: Best Overall Buy-Side Technology Provider, 2017—FactSet
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2017: Best Buy-Side OMS—IHS Markit
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2017: Best Outsourcing Provider—SS&C Advent