LONDON-The industry must work alongside regulators to ensure central clearing of new asset classes is not regarded as a universal remedy for risk, according to speakers at the SunGard clearing event held in May in London.
While the regulatory authorities continue to push the concept of central clearing as an enhancer of risk mitigation, panelists agreed one solution doesn't fit all asset classes.
Richard Wilkinson Director, futures clearing at royal Bank of Canada Europe and speaker at the event
Bill Murphy, CTO of Blackstone, once again joins the podcast to discuss the private equity firm's new offices, designed to house its innovations team.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Chicago Code: A Profile of DRW's Seth Thomson
- AFTAs 2017: Best IT Team—Charles Schwab Investment Management
- Buy Side Bands Together on Blockchain Vision in Landmark Paper
- The Kids Aren’t Alright: A Look at How K-12 Schools Are Failing to Teach Programming
- AFTAs 2017: Best Analytics Initiative—Credit Suisse