The EDM Council working group on data quality, set up earlier this year, has started looking at data quality standard ISO 8000.
ISO 8000 specifies requirements for quality of master data, and includes different parts on vocabulary, exchange of information, and data architecture.
Washington DC-based Mike Atkin, managing director, EDM Council, said the group is in initial discussions about the standard, reviewing if the mechanisms in the standard can be applied to the financial data quality work.
Anthony and James look at developments pertaining to the Consolidated Audit Trail and wonder if big-tech companies could challenge traditional asset managers.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Bloomberg’s Chat Gambit: The Feint Before a Knockout?
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 96: CAT Concerns & Big Tech Takes Aim at Asset Managers
- Gardening, Uber & Culture: Takeaways from this year's WatersTechnology Innovation Summit
- EU Gets Tough on ‘Research’ Unbundling
- Systematic Internalizer Ranks Swell Ahead of Mifid II