The Department of the US Treasury's Office of Financial Research (OFR) has released the "Statement on Legal Entity Identification for Financial Contracts," an official stance on the need for a universal system for identifying legal entities in the industry, and a call for market participants to take part in the consultation period due to be completed by January 31.
The policy statement directly addresses what has become one of the most established challenges within data management—the lack of a
Anthony and James look at developments pertaining to the Consolidated Audit Trail and wonder if big-tech companies could challenge traditional asset managers.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Bloomberg’s Chat Gambit: The Feint Before a Knockout?
- In Capital Markets, Blockchain's Evolution Has Left the Bitcoin Model Behind
- WatersTechnology Innovation Summit Q&A: Elly Hardwick, Deutsche Bank
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 96: CAT Concerns & Big Tech Takes Aim at Asset Managers
- House Approves Market Data Protection Act