While market participants have typically claimed MiFID Review discussions will have limited impact on reference data, this is now slowly starting to change, say industry practitioners.
In December, the Committee of European Securities Regulators (Cesr) released a report with technical advice on the MiFID Review to the European Commission (EC), looking at standardization in over-the-counter derivatives, and the EC released a paper focusing on ongoing financial data-related issues.
The Cesr advice
Should regulators take a more active role when it comes to AI oversight, or leave it to the professionals? What will M&A look like in 2018?Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- AFTAs 2017: Best Front-Office Initiative—State Street Global Exchange
- AFTAs 2017: Best Analytics Initiative—Credit Suisse
- AFTAs 2017: Best Third-Party Technology Vendor CIO or CEO—Neil Barua, IPC Systems
- AFTAs 2017: All the Winners and Why they Won
- AFTAs 2017: Best Data Management Initiative—Deutsche Bank