Standards organization GS1 US, the US chapter of GS1, which administers the barcode standard for the retail industry, and Financial InterGroup, have jointly issued a proposal to the US Treasury’s Office of Financial Research (OFR), suggesting the legal entity identifier of choice should be based on an existing GS1 standard system.
In the 170-page response, the organizations explain that the global business entity identifer (GBEI) could take on the LEI role, and would be based on the current GS1
Should regulators take a more active role when it comes to AI oversight, or leave it to the professionals? What will M&A look like in 2018?Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Women in Data and Technology Awards Open for Entries
- AFTAs 2017: Best Front-Office Initiative—State Street Global Exchange
- AFTAs 2017: Best Third-Party Technology Vendor CIO or CEO—Neil Barua, IPC Systems
- AFTAs 2017: Best Analytics Initiative—Credit Suisse
- AFTAs 2017: All the Winners and Why they Won