The agreement by France, Germany, Italy, Spain and the UK to work with the US on an agreement for their financial institutions to share information for tax purposes under the US Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (Fatca) could be a base that other countries may join.
"If they come up with something workable, other countries may ask to sign on," says Denise Hintzke, global tax leader for Fatca at Deloitte. "They say they are working on an agreement where financial institutions in those countries
Bill Murphy, CTO of Blackstone, once again joins the podcast to discuss the private equity firm's new offices, designed to house its innovations team.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Chicago Code: A Profile of DRW's Seth Thomson
- AFTAs 2017: Best IT Team—Charles Schwab Investment Management
- Buy Side Bands Together on Blockchain Vision in Landmark Paper
- The Kids Aren’t Alright: A Look at How K-12 Schools Are Failing to Teach Programming
- AFTAs 2017: Best Analytics Initiative—Credit Suisse