Deutsche Börse and NYSE Announce Mega-Merger

Duncan Niederauer, current CEO of the NYSE will be CEO of the merged entity

Deutsche Börse and the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) have agreed a $10 billion all-stock merger, creating the world's largest bourse. According to terms of the deal, Deutsche Boerse shareholders will retain 60% ownership of the combined entity, with NYSE Euronext shareholders holding the remaining 40%.

The combined market value of the two entities is in the region of $25 billion; the new exchange, according to market sources, is expected to generate annual cost savings of around US $400 million

Only users who have a paid subscription or are part of a corporate subscription are able to print or copy content.

To access these options, along with all other subscription benefits, please contact [email protected] or view our subscription options here:

You are currently unable to copy this content. Please contact [email protected] to find out more.

To continue reading...

You need to sign in to use this feature. If you don’t have a WatersTechnology account, please register for a trial.

Sign in
You are currently on corporate access.

To use this feature you will need an individual account. If you have one already please sign in.

Sign in.

Alternatively you can request an individual account here: