There’s an old saying: If you love something, set it free. And Wall Street firms, in the midst of their love affair with alternative data, are rushing to liberate some of the datasets and technologies that financial firms have raised in captivity, to take advantage of commercial opportunities for these tools.
In particular, the growth of alt data is prompting a new wave of startup data and analytics providers specializing in specific content niches. However, one of the largest, ready-made
Bryan Cross, who heads UBS Asset Management's QED group, joins to discuss alternative data and AI.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- The Problem Solver: Paul Bari, Nordea
- JP Morgan's FX Algo Tool Launches on Bloomberg Terminal
- Refinitiv Consolidates Data Insights on China's Belt and Road Initiative
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 153: Nasdaq's Lars Ottersgård
- CAT’s Tale: How Thesys, the SROs and the SEC Mishandled the Consolidated Audit Trail