There’s an old saying: If you love something, set it free. And Wall Street firms, in the midst of their love affair with alternative data, are rushing to liberate some of the datasets and technologies that financial firms have raised in captivity, to take advantage of commercial opportunities for these tools.
In particular, the growth of alt data is prompting a new wave of startup data and analytics providers specializing in specific content niches. However, one of the largest, ready-made
The founder and CEO of Imperative Execution looks at how trade execution is changing and what that means for the buy side.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Waters Rankings 2019: All the Winners
- Mizuho Finds New Ways to “Activate” its Data Using AI
- Barclays Nearly Finished with First Major Quantum Computing Experiment
- The AI Ethics Dilemma: Banks Find a Fine Line Between New Tech and 'What's Right'
- Banks, Asset Managers Turn to Web Scraping to Generate Alpha