Thomson Reuters has rolled out an upgraded media screening component within its World-Check One financial crime and risk monitoring platform, using artificial intelligence to filter potentially relevant negative mentions in news and text data relating to companies or individuals, allowing analysts to more quickly perform risk assessments and decide whether a counterparty could represent undue business risk.
The new tool, Media Check, aggregates 11,600 print and online media sources, and allows
Also: Trading Technologies is developing an OMS for the sell side and Orbital Insight is embracing a platform-as-a-service model.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 142: AWS Talks Cloud Adoption in the Capital Markets
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 141: Brexit and Blockchain and Data, Oh My
- Alt Data’s Ethical Day of Reckoning
- Data-Driven Regulators: Handling the Uptick in Regulatory Reporting
- Nasdaq, User Groups Fire Opening Salvoes in Looming Battle Over SIP Data Fees