Thomson Reuters has rolled out an upgraded media screening component within its World-Check One financial crime and risk monitoring platform, using artificial intelligence to filter potentially relevant negative mentions in news and text data relating to companies or individuals, allowing analysts to more quickly perform risk assessments and decide whether a counterparty could represent undue business risk.
The new tool, Media Check, aggregates 11,600 print and online media sources, and allows
Bryan Cross, who heads UBS Asset Management's QED group, joins to discuss alternative data and AI.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- JP Morgan's FX Algo Tool Launches on Bloomberg Terminal
- The Problem Solver: Paul Bari, Nordea
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 154: Bryan Cross, UBS Asset Management
- CAT’s Tale: How Thesys, the SROs and the SEC Mishandled the Consolidated Audit Trail
- Refinitiv Consolidates Data Insights on China's Belt and Road Initiative