Thomson Reuters has rolled out an upgraded media screening component within its World-Check One financial crime and risk monitoring platform, using artificial intelligence to filter potentially relevant negative mentions in news and text data relating to companies or individuals, allowing analysts to more quickly perform risk assessments and decide whether a counterparty could represent undue business risk.
The new tool, Media Check, aggregates 11,600 print and online media sources, and allows
Anthony and James hit on a wide-range of topics, from Brexit in the UK, to the SGX-NSE fight in APAC, to the Supreme Court's decision on cellphone location data in the US.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Episode 126: Brexit Fallout; the SGX-NSE Battle Continues; Cellphone Location Data
- Burton-Taylor: Regulation-Driven Data Spend to Grow, But Desktops Threaten Resurgence
- Bloomberg Eyes Amsterdam for Trading and Reporting Platforms
- CME Group Adds Two Alt Data Providers to DataMine
- Banks, Bourses and Regulators Form Spanish-Market DLT Venture