IHS Markit has decided to take MarkitSERV, its post-trade processing business, off the market, weeks after the unit announced a major overhaul of its technology base, after failing to secure acceptable terms with potential acquirers.
The information provider had said in May that it would be looking for a buyer for MarkitSERV at the same time as it announced its acquisition of Ipreo, a data analytics specialist.
Sometimes described as the nerve center of the post-trade market in derivatives,
Bryan Cross, who heads UBS Asset Management's QED group, joins to discuss alternative data and AI.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- JP Morgan's FX Algo Tool Launches on Bloomberg Terminal
- The Problem Solver: Paul Bari, Nordea
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 154: Bryan Cross, UBS Asset Management
- CAT’s Tale: How Thesys, the SROs and the SEC Mishandled the Consolidated Audit Trail
- Going Slower to Go Faster: Mizuho Bank CDO Gary Goldberg