IHS Markit has decided to take MarkitSERV, its post-trade processing business, off the market, weeks after the unit announced a major overhaul of its technology base, after failing to secure acceptable terms with potential acquirers.
The information provider had said in May that it would be looking for a buyer for MarkitSERV at the same time as it announced its acquisition of Ipreo, a data analytics specialist.
Sometimes described as the nerve center of the post-trade market in derivatives,
The founder and CEO of Imperative Execution looks at how trade execution is changing and what that means for the buy side.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Waters Rankings 2019: All the Winners
- Mizuho Finds New Ways to “Activate” its Data Using AI
- Barclays Nearly Finished with First Major Quantum Computing Experiment
- The AI Ethics Dilemma: Banks Find a Fine Line Between New Tech and 'What's Right'
- Finra to Expand Use of Machine Learning for Market Surveillance