Over the last few years, the hottest title being thrown around finance is that of the chief data officer, or CDO for short. Banks both in the US and in Europe have seen an uptick in the number of firms creating the position, including Bank of America, Citigroup, HSBC and, most recently, Deutsche Bank.
But at buy-side shops, there's been pushback to the idea of ceding control of the firm's data away from the chief investment or technology officer and over to a CDO.
At a Buy-Side Technology confer
Anthony and James look news pertaining to cryptocurriences and blockchain deployments, as well as AI and cloud.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2018: All the Winners
- In Praise of Perseverance: Laura Barrowman, Credit Suisse
- Alt-Data Difficulties Challenge Largest Asset Managers
- Brexit's Unintended Consequences Could Include Mifid III
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 145: CSDs Consider Crypto; Bank Robberies & AI; DTCC's Blockchain