The terms analytics and data get thrown around a lot and are used interchangeably, but there’s a big difference, according to Roger Stein, chief analytics officer of State Street Global Exchange (SSGX). Data consumes time, he says. SSGX is trying to move the data to the periphery so that asset managers and asset owners can delve into the analytics.
"Data is the ticket to entry; you need that to get going. But data by itself is not very useful," Stein says. "So we're spending a lot of time
Anthony and James look news pertaining to cryptocurriences and blockchain deployments, as well as AI and cloud.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- In Praise of Perseverance: Laura Barrowman, Credit Suisse
- Brexit's Unintended Consequences Could Include Mifid III
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 145: CSDs Consider Crypto; Bank Robberies & AI; DTCC's Blockchain
- Alt-Data Difficulties Challenge Largest Asset Managers
- Custody Seen as Crypto's Next Major Battleground