Tora Compass, the vendor's compliance engine, has been enhanced to prevent users from breaching the JFSA's new uptick rule, which goes into effect on Nov. 5, once the trigger price has been reached, Chris Jenkins, Asia-Pacific managing director at Tora, tells Buy-Side Technology.
"The Japan short-sale rule—aka, the ‘uptick rule'—was originally much simpler," he says. "The uptick rule stipulates that a trader cannot short-sell if a stock was on a downtick—i.e., the last price was lower than the o
Bill Murphy, CTO of Blackstone, once again joins the podcast to discuss the private equity firm's new offices, designed to house its innovations team.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Chicago Code: A Profile of DRW's Seth Thomson
- AFTAs 2017: Best IT Team—Charles Schwab Investment Management
- Buy Side Bands Together on Blockchain Vision in Landmark Paper
- AFTAs 2017: Best Analytics Initiative—Credit Suisse
- The Kids Aren’t Alright: A Look at How K-12 Schools Are Failing to Teach Programming